Teleport is great for ganking if the enemy commits to a fight and is around friendly minions or turrets. Teleport is also used to quickly switch lanes to defend an unguarded tower. The most common use for Teleport in the late game is to allow a champion to splitpush a lane separately from the rest of the team and be able to teleport to regroup in case of a fight. Another use for teleport is a backdoor maneuver where a high damage per second champion places a ward inside or near the enemy base and teleports to that ward. From there that champion will attempt to bring down as many towers and inhibitors as possible.
Teleport can be used on any friendly minion or turret. Additionally, it can be used on a number of allied structures and creatures.
We're following up with our top lane changes from 10.5 with an additional set of changes for Death's Dance and Teleport. This combination should continue reinforcing our initial goals of helping top laners that are coming out of laning phase build carry items to be a threat throughout the game. The Teleport change should also shift some of its power as an excellent lane sustain tool to a more late-game splitting-and-flanking tool.
| ITEM BUILD :
||[Caulfield's Warhammer + Pickaxe + Vampiric Scepter + 625g]
||Caulfield’s Warhammer + Aegis of the Legion + Vampiric Scepter + 500g
| STATS :
||[80 AD, 10% CDR]
||50 AD, 10% CDR, 30 Armor, 30 MR
UNIQUE PASSIVE : Stores [30% of all post-mitigation damage received] ⇒
20% for melee (30% for ranged) and takes it as damage over time true damage
| COOLDOWN :
||420-240 (levels 1-18)
CAN'T CATCH ME Grants 3 seconds of 30-50% movement speed upon teleport completion based on character level (increased by 10% at levels 6 and 11)
Channel time reduced but can no longer be canceled.
Channeling Teleport is often enough to deter enemies from an aggressive push or dive, even if you have no intention of following through. The mind game is interesting, but should be accompanied by a higher commitment. Laners can still use Teleport to shut down cross-map plays elsewhere, but now they'll sacrifice more tempo in their own lane to do so.
Also, if you pick a bad Teleport, there's no going back so you're probably gonna die. Click carefully.
CHANNEL DURATION : [4.5] ⇒ 4 seconds
COMMIT Teleport can't be canceled by its caster once cast
Teleport has emerged as a dominant summoner spell in most lanes. This is particularly problematic bot lane, where it's often taken on champions who simply wish to avoid conflict in the laning phase and scale into the late game. For now, we're increasing the cooldown to give combat summoners a longer window in which to punish Teleport users.
BASE COOLDOWN :  ⇒ 360 seconds
CANCELED COOLDOWN :  ⇒ 240 seconds
CLOSE ENOUGH : If Teleport is cast off-screen, it’ll search for a nearby unit to target
HI, RUMBLE : Spells can no longer be queued during Teleport’s channel time
THAT’S NOT WHERE I TELEPORTED : Teleporting to a ward nearby a thin wall no longer has a chance of placing you on the other side of it
Channel time increased. Clarity improvements for both allies and opponents.
For the power an extra champ brings to a fight, Teleport plays are generally too successful. Widening the window for enemy reaction means Teleports will more frequently fail to create advantages if teams don’t coordinate properly. At the same time, well-executed Teleport plays still deserve to be rewarded, so we’re making it easier to tell exactly where your reinforcements will come in.
CHANNEL DURATION : [3.5 seconds] ⇒ 4.5 seconds
DROP ZONE : Teleport drops its caster [in a random spot near the target] ⇒ on the side of the target closest to the caster's nexus. For example, champions now always appear behind their towers.
I SPY : Teleport's visuals are now always visible (even through Fog of War) if you have vision within 500 units of the target location
COME THRU Teleport now issues a soundless “On My Way” ping at the target location
Cooldown increased on turrets. Channel time increased.
Ah, Teleport. A summoner spell made contentious over a season's worth of scrutiny, TP simply didn't have the windows necessary to play around to make it anything short of amazing, even considering the aggressive or defensive options at your disposal. The ability to impact the map every 5 minutes isn't one to be taken lightly, and while we have other changes alongside this to disincentivize Teleport as your 'every game' choice (Rift Herald says hi), we're taking extra measures to ensure that the burden of making the most of your Teleports is even higher, and that the 'get-out-of-jail-free' card isn't as free as it seems.
COOLDOWN ON TURRET CAST : [240 seconds] ⇒ 300 seconds
CHANNEL TIME : [3.5 seconds] ⇒ 4 seconds
- [NEW] Documentation! : You can now Teleport to wards by clicking on the minimap.
We're generally happy with what the new Teleport changes are achieving, but it's a little too strong as a lane recovery ability. Particularly in competitive play we were seeing a lot of top laners constantly using Teleport as a way of stagnating the early lane rather than trying to set up for global map pressure.
- COOLDOWN: Cooldown when teleporting to towers now
200 seconds ⇒ 240 seconds
We like the offensive pressure that comes from taking Teleport, but its defensive use (ie: lane recovery or base protection) could use some love.
- "NEW" UTILITY: Teleporting to an allied turret reduces the cooldown of Teleport by 100 seconds (total 200 second cooldown. 300 seconds if Teleport is used on an object.).
- CANCELLATION PENALTY: Cancelling a Teleport in progress reduces the cooldown of Teleport to 150 seconds ⇒ 200 seconds
- Teleport particles and sound effects updated
- Fixed a bug where Teleport's "incoming" visual effect on the target unit would disappear if cast on an expiring temporary unit, such as Jarvan's Standard or Thresh's Lantern
- Fixed a bug where Teleport could be used after being affected by Crowd Control effects
- Fixed a bug where casting Cleanse could interrupt Teleport
- Summoner's Insight no longer reduces cooldown
- Fixed a rare bug with Teleport causing it to not function properly
- Fixed a bug where Champions could be pulled across the map while teleporting
- Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
- Teleporting to a ward will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds
- Cancel delay increase to 1 second from 0.5
- Fixed a bug where Summoner Teleport refreshed your W slot's cooldown when used
- Can no longer be cast while rooted
- Now removes stealth when used
- Will now allow you to travel to all allied towers, not just the forward most towers in a lane
- Fixed a bug with Teleport where the spell could be cast on a minion right before it died, allowing the player to Teleport invisibly to a location
- Fixed a bug with Teleport where if your champion dies while teleporting, the target it is teleporting to remains bound
- Cooldown increased from 4.5 minutes to 5
- Will now cancel when stunned, rooted, silenced, netted, taunted, and slept
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown tooltip changed to correctly show the cooldown as 5 minutes
May 23, 200 Patch
- Cooldown reduced from 4 minutes to 3.5 minutes
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 4
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Reduce cooldown from 7 minutes to 5 minutes
Alpha Week 7
Alpha Week 6
- Cooldown decreased to 6 minutes from 7 minutes
Alpha Week 5
- Cooldown increased to 7 minutes from 3 minutes
Alpha Week 4
- Cooldown increased to 3 minutes from 2 minutes
Alpha Week 3
- No longer makes the target invulnerable