|Name||Choi Sung-won (최성원)|
|Country of Birth|
|Birthday||June 16, 1997 (age 24)|
|Soloqueue IDs||KR: 이도류|
|Social Media & Links|
Choi "Sword" Sung-won (Hangul: 최성원) is a League of Legends esports player, previously top laner for Griffin. He was previously known as Fencer.
|Team Turquality||Dec 20152015-12-14||Jan 20172017-01-10||1yr 27d|
|Griffin||Jan 20172017-01-10||Jan 20212021-01-05||4yr 26d||Inactive|
|TT||December 14, |
Reach, and Hansan (Head Coach) join.
|TT||July 1, |
Fencer moves to substitute.
|TT||January 10, |
|GRF||January 10, |
Shield, Kang Dae-hee (Head Coach), and Cho Gyu-nam (CEO) join.
Build move to substitutes. Fencer renames to Sword.
|GRF||May 30, |
Lehends, and cvMax (Head Coach)'s contracts are updated in the GCD, expiring on 16 November 2020.
|GRF||January 25, |
Kabbie's contracts are updated in the GCD, expiring on 15 November 2021.
|GRF||June 8, |
Citrus joins. Chaos (Coach to Interim Head Coach) and Chico (Trainee Coach to Coach) change positions.
Yusin move to starting roster.
zzun moves to substitute.
Sword becomes inactive.
|GRF||January 5, Team disbands. |
Sword and Jaceyoung (Analyst) leave.
- His ID Sword is based on the light novel and anime series Sword Art Online.
- His neck wrinkles are result of his neck being wrapped by umbilical cord. He is open about this and considers it his trademark.
- Wants to learn English, Chinese, and Japanese.
- He doesn't like coriander but other than that he likes every type of food.
- His music interests are: J-Pop, Rap, and songs from animation.
- Considers Khan his close friend.
- Was one of the first Korean imports to play in Turkey, along with his former teammate Reach, when he joined Team Turquality for the TCL 2016 Winter Season.
- When he reached the LCK with Griffin, he also became the first player to play in the LCK after playing in Turkey.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- June 14, Griffin Viper: "I’m confident about making it to the playoffs." with Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- June 16, Griffin Viper: "It doesn’t make sense for us to get caught off guard by those surprising picks in the current meta." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- June 26, GRF Sword on Khan's Previous Comment: "I’ll keep my neck clean so I hope anyone comes to chop it off, if they can." with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 28, Griffin Sword: "Everyone on the team trusted Viper's Teemo pick." with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Changsik "Alle" Son, , and James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- December 29, Griffin Sword on Playing Against Gen.G: "I think that my teammates have been doing great lately. I am certain we can win" with Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek and Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo on Inven Global
- January 17, GRF Sword: "SKT T1 will be so scary once they shape up more as a team. Afreeca has such a strong upper lane. Personally, I think they're tough since there's Kiin in the top lane." with Byungho "Haao" Kim and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- January 25, GRF Sword on Their Next Match Against SKT: "Keep your guard up, Dong-ha (Khan)." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- January 31, GRF Lehends on his Braum pick: “I like playing Braum, but Viper doesn’t like anything I play. So, I am thinking about giving up and just playing whatever I want.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon Esports
- January 31, GRF Lehends on Chovy's KDA : "I hope you get killed two or three times more and become similar to my KDA." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Yudae "Akiin" Oak on Inven Global
- February 2, Griffin's Captain, Sword, Gives His Team a Score: "I’d give it a 9 out of 10. I took 1 point off because of myself -- because of the emotional thing I had gone through today." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek on Inven Global
- February 15, GRF Sword: "I believe I'm the best 'tank' top laner in the LCK. The only other top laner that's better than me on non-tanks is Khan" with Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- February 20, cvMax on the unreal performance of Griffin: “We are united, with five players as one.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon Esports
- February 22, GRF Sword on Their New Player, Kanavi: "He may not be as good as Tarzan right now but he’s really great in solo ranked so I think he will soon adapt to playing in the professional tournament." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim and Ji-Eun “Meii” Paek on Inven Global
- March 8, GRF Sword: "Khan did extremely well today... I respect him; I just wanted to hug him out of respect rather than say anything." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 10, GRF Chovy: "We pucked Galio first so that we can benefit from the picks and bans." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 10, Griffin’s Sword regarding Tarzan’s Baron steal against Sandbox Gaming: ” I did not imagine he would steal it, and I only have admiration for Tarzan’s talents right now.” with Kevin Kim on Korizon Esports
- March 20, Victim of the Changed Meta in Top Lane? - Griffin Sword's Growing Pains by Beom "Nswer" Park and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 21, Griffin Sword: "I thought a Sword vs Sword meta will come someday... I did my best to prepare, but apparently, it wasn’t enough." with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim, Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- March 21, Griffin Sword: “Coach cvMax told us not to obsess over magic numbers… He said that it’s okay for us to lose, as long as we play our game” with Minseong Kim on Korizon Esports
- April 9, GRF Sword: "Khan should have a bad memory of me and my Sion. I'll make him recall that memory at the Finals." with Minyoung "Irro" Jang and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 6, GRF Sword on Playing Against Kiin: "I think the design of my glasses granted me the advantage. I’d like to thank my parents for recommending the design." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- June 8, GRF Sword: "The Jayce nerf is quite noticeable. But thanks to it, he is now reliably getting through the ban phase." with Minyoung "Irro" Jang and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- June 30, GRF Sword: "I'm a personal fan of DoinB. I also really like JD Gaming's Zoom and Top Esports' LokeN. Rift Rivals is a perfect opportunity for me to meet the players that I like" with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- July 4, [Rift Rivals] GRF Sword on LCK's Performance: "It felt good watching them - it made me feel that Korea is great again." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 7, [Rift Rivals Finals] Faker: "It's been a while since LCK won an international tournament. I hope the LCK wins more this year." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- August 27, [LCK Finals Media Day] Between Friendship and Competition - GRF Sword and SKT Khan Play Mind Games With Each Other with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok & David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- October 18, [Worlds 2019] GRF Sword: "Lehends is always cocky... He really did well, so I think he deserves to be cocky on his Rakan performance today." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok & David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- November 20, [Exclusive] Sword, Tarzan, Rather, and Coach Chaos Talk About cvMax's Violent Behavior with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok, Byungho "Haao" Kim, and David "Viion" Jang & Daniel "Quest" Kwon on Inven Global
- February 14, GRF Sword: "We’ve been showing bad performances from the beginning of the season; we’ll do our best to show better synergy." with David "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
|2020-02-14||LCK 2020 Spring|
|2019-07-07||Rift Rivals 2019 LCK-LPL-LMS-VCS|
|2019-06-30||LCK 2019 Summer|
|2019-06-06||LCK 2019 Summer|
|2019-03-31||LCK 2019 Spring|
|2019-03-10||LCK 2019 Spring|
|2019-02-20||LCK 2019 Spring|
|2019-01-31||LCK 2019 Spring|
|2018-12-27||KeSPA Cup 2018|
|2018-06-26||LCK 2018 Summer|
|2018-06-16||LCK 2018 Summer|
|2018-06-14||LCK 2018 Summer|
The following pages redirect here:
- Team Turquality's Facebook Post (TuTeam Turquality's Facebook Post (Turkish) facebook.com
- Griffin's Tweet twitter.com
- Griffin's Tweet (Korean) twitter.com
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - KR - 2018-05-15; after change - KR - 2018-05-30
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - KR - 2019-01-18; after change - KR - 2019-01-25