Getting some more satisfaction and activity out of Sunfire's pattern.
IMMOLATE Once every 10 seconds, your next immobilizing ability deals 26-43 (+0.05 bonus health) to all enemies it hits and releases a fire nova that also deals that bonus damage around you
Despite its historical place in many tank and fighter builds, Sunfire Cape isn't showing up in many inventories these days. Making it cheaper provides earlier access to the full-powered Immolate effect, giving core users a leg up in lane and reopening the door to Sunfire builds for champs who've rotated onto other first items.
COST :  ⇒ 2750 gold
Aura damage increased.
The two items that have enabled consistent laning patterns for tanks this season have been Sunfire Cape and Bramble Vest. We're not really happy with the play patterns that arise from either being the go-to item on tanks: Sunfire Cape tends to lead to overly high base damage on tanks with little cost in overall durability, while Bramble Vests makes playing basic-attacking champions in top lane overly prohibitive.
However, without either of those items, it's become clear that tank laning patterns fall apart. At this point, it's clear that Sunfire Cape is the healthier dynamic, so we're reverting the changes from Patch 7.9, but we hope to revisit Sunfire Cape in the future.
AURA DAMAGE : [11 + 1/level] ⇒ 25 + 1/level
BONUS DAMAGE TO MINIONS : [+200%] ⇒ +50%
HI ORNN : These changes apply to Forgefire Cape as well
Build path adjustment for Bami’s Cinder cost changes above.
BUILD PATH : [Bami’s Cinder + Chain Vest + 1000 gold (2900 total gold)] ⇒ Bami’s Cinder + Ruby Crystal + Chain Vest + 800 gold (2900g total gold)
Health down, armor up. Burn radius down. Burn damage down versus champions, up versus non-champions.
Sunfire Cape has been the top lane first-buy for quite some time, and it’s not hard to see why. With waveclear, durability, and champion combat power, it has everything a growing top laner needs. We’re sharpening its identity as the “pushing” item by pushing (sorry) more strength into damage against non-champions - at the expense of dueling potency.
HEALTH :  ⇒ 425
ARMOR :  ⇒ 60
BURN DAMAGE : [26-43 (at levels 1-18)] ⇒ 12-29 (at levels 1-18)
BONUS DAMAGE VS MINIONS/MONSTERS : [+50%] ⇒ +200%
BURN RADIUS :  ⇒ 325
Similar to Bami’s Cinder, Sunfire’s efficient stats and hybrid offense/defense means it’s just the best early buy in most cases. Nudging it back to the price point of the other big Health/Armor makes it easier to pick the one for the right situation, not just whichever’s the cheapest.
TOTAL COST : [2700 gold] ⇒ 2900 gold
COMBINE COST : [800 gold] ⇒ 1000 gold
Passive aura deals more damage to non-champions.
Continuing from the Dead Man's Plate discussion above, Sunfire is an armor item that feels a little lost from an identity perspective. Increasing the potency of its waveclear potential should transform tanky folks without access to waveclear into split-pushing threats faster than you can type 'Shenpai.'
(In case that wasn't clear, buy this on Shen. You're welcome.)
FUNFIRE Now deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters
Bring me my cape of suns.
Sunfire's often the odd-man out when compared to its cousins: Randuin's Omen and Dead Man's Plate. We're giving it a bump to feel like a real contender when shopping for physical protection.
ARMOR :  ⇒ 50
TOTAL cost : [2600 gold] ⇒ 2700 gold
BUILD path : Bami's Cinder + Chain Vest + 800 gold
health :  ⇒ 500
Sunfire now builds out of Bami's Cinder instead of Giant's Belt.
- "Just a very small directional change to make Sunfire Cape more focused on wave clearing for tanky dudes. There's a little less health on that build path, but you can get to your area-effect burn a little faster."
- RECIPE : Chain Vest + Bami's Cinder + 850 gold (2600 gold total [unchanged])
- STATS : Unchanged. Just so you know.
- [NEW] PASSIVE : Is now UNIQUE so you know you can't stack it
- TOTAL COST :
2650 gold ⇒ 2600 gold (combine cost decreased by 80 gold, inherits Chain Vest's 30 gold cost increase)
"Now with sunnier fire. Or fierier sun. BOTH?!"
- CLARITY: Damage aura visuals are now more fiery and aggressive
"Sunfire Cape is an AoE damage aura item, but its current effect looks most like a a debuff on the wearer, even to the point of being confused with Red Buff's or Ignite's effects. This rework more clearly lines up Sunfire's visual with its gameplay."
- VISUALS: Particles updated
This change is to reduce the overwhelming power of early Sunfire Capes.
- Magic damage changed to 25 + character level (from 40)
- Combine cost increased to 930 gold from 780 (total cost increased to 2,650 gold from 2,500)
- Cost changed from 2,610 (800) to 2,500 (800)
- Aura damage increased to 40 from 35
- Area of effect damage per second reduced to 35 from 40
- No longer contines to deal damage while dead
- Upgrade cost increased to 800 from 700
- Passive is now unique
- No longer deals damage when held by a clone
- Combine cost reduced to 700 from 1,000
- Combine cost increased from 900 to 1,000
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Reduced armor to 50 from 60
- Recipe is now one Giant's Belt instead of two Ruby Crystals (this change does not effect the total health)
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Increased recipe cost from 600 to 800
- Decreased AoE damage from 50 to 40
April 18, 2009 Patch
- Increased aura damage from 40 to 50
- Decreased cost from 900 to 600