Funneling continues to be present in solo queue at all parts of the ladder. We're going harder on the restrictions so that laners are more motivated to keep their gold and XP. Those who are playing the lane as is and not funneling an ally will essentially never run into this condition.
UNIQUE - Monster Hunter :
MINION GOLD PENALTY : [13 less gold] ⇒ 13 less gold and 50% less XP from lane minions if more than half of your farm is from minions; removed at 14 minutes
After the 2019 preseason jungle changes, we nerfed junglers through their EXP
UNIQUE - Monster Hunter
LARGE MONSTERS EXP :  ⇒ 60
FIRST LARGE MONSTER BONUS EXP :  ⇒ 150
MINION GOLD PENALTY : [10 less gold from lane minions if more than half of your farm gold is from minions; removed on item completion] ⇒ 13 less gold from lane minions if more than half of your farm gold is from minions; removed at 14 minutes
Damage decreased. No longer grants vision of the target.
We're reining in the kill pressure Challenging Smite grants junglers.
VISION Challenging Smite no longer grants vision of the target while the effect is active
| DAMAGE VS CHAMPIONS :
||[60-162 over 3 seconds]
||48-125 over 2.5 seconds
Unenchanted jungle items reduce gold received from minions if their owner has too much minion gold.
When preseason shipped, we pulled out the Monster Hunter gold penalty to see if other changes would naturally discourage gold funneling (higher tradeoff via turret plating, higher risk via minion and monster bounties). Funneling's made a small comeback, so we're adding a new version of Monster Hunter that's more graceful than last season's check on who had the highest CS.
MONSTER HUNTER : Hunter's Machete, Hunter's Talisman, unenchanted Stalker's Blade, and unenchanted Skirmisher's Sabre now reduce minion gold earned by 10 per minion if their owner's gold from minions is greater than half their gold from monsters
Monster Hunter gold penalty removed.
Other preseason changes increase the risks (farm bounties) and tradeoffs (turret plating) of the gold funneling strategy that originally caused us to introduce the Monster Hunter penalty, so we don't need it anymore.
MONSTER HUNTER Owning Hunter's Machete, Hunter's Talisman, or an un-upgraded Stalker's Blade or Skirmisher's Sabre no longer reduces gold granted by lane minions if you have the highest minion kill score on your team
Inheriting the changes to Talisman and Machete.
CHOP CHOP Attacking jungle monsters no longer grants 15% bonus attack speed for 2 seconds
DAMAGE ON-HIT VS MONSTERS :  ⇒ 40
BASE MANA REGEN 225% while in the jungle
MAGIC OF THE JUNGLE Up to 40 mana per 5 seconds based on missing mana while in the jungle or river
NAIL (PASSIVE) : Now additionally grants 15% attack speed for 2 seconds after basic attacking a monster.
TOOTH (PASSIVE) : Burns for an additional 50 magic damage over 5 seconds (still steals 30 health over 5 seconds)
On-hit damage up. Lifesteal up.
With Krug and Gromp Smite bonuses gone, we’re upping both the damage and sustain on Hunter’s Machete (and its upgrades) to compensate.
ON-HIT DAMAGE :  ⇒ 25
LIFESTEAL : [8%] ⇒ 10 %
PAY IT FORWARD : These changes apply to Hunter’s Machete upgrades as well
Just some slight tuning to make these a bit more attractive/easy to upgrade compared to just buying the component of your enchantment (Caulfields, Aether Wisp, etc).
COST : [1050 gold] ⇒ 1000 gold
MANA REGENERATION IN JUNGLE : [150%] ⇒ 180%
Pretty similar to before, but now costs a little more thanks to the new build path. Luckily, these Tier 2's also inherit the wealth of lifesteal, regeneration, on-hit and over-time damage from its predecessors, making it well worth the extra cash.
TOTAL cost : [850 gold] ⇒ 1050 gold
BUILD path : Hunter's Machete + Hunter's Talisman + 350 gold
LIFEsteal : 10% vs monsters
mana REGENERATION : 150% while in jungle
MORE PROBLEMS No longer grants 30 bonus gold on large monster kill
JUNGLER No longer burns monsters or gives regeneration when hit by monsters.
UNIQUE passive Tooth / Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage vs. monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing a large monster grants +30 bonus experience.
SIDEGRADE cost : [255 gold] ⇒ 200 gold
- "When we first shipped Skirmisher's Sabre, we made that debuff duration long to really emphasize its extended combat use. Plonk it on an invading Lee Sin, smack him around a few times, and suddenly he's reconsidering his decisions in life. That said, we're now seeing this thing really pick up in popularity (particularly in top lane), and we've realized that 6 seconds is probably too long. Particularly when there are focused summoner spells (Ignite and Exhaust) that Challenging Smite straight up outclasses with its breadth of uses. It's worth re-emphasizing that we do like emergent gameplay when it pops up - as long as it doesn't stifle champion diversity (ie: if top lane becomes "who can use Challenging Smite the best?" that would be concerning).
- P.S. That bugfix would have been done regardless of the strength of Skirmisher's, given the definition of true damage. C'mon."
- [REMOVED] CHECK THAT DEFINITION : No longer reduces incoming True Damage from the Challenged target
- CHALLENGING SMITE DEBUFF DURATION :
6 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
All tier 2 jungle items have been increased by 100 gold, all tier 3 jungle item enchantments have been reduced by 100 gold.
- "Thus far, jungle items have gotten a little snowbally - particularly for those who can snag a few kills on an early invade to get their upgraded Smite before camps have even spawned."
- ALL TIER 2 JUNGLE ITEMS :
350 gold ⇒ 450 gold
- ALL TIER 3 JUNGLE ENCHANTMENTS : Costs for all tier 3 jungle enchantments have been reduced by 100 gold
- "See above!"
- BONUS GOLD ON MONSTER KILL :
20 bonus gold ⇒ 30 bonus gold
Attacking a Smited opponent now burns them for true damage over 3 seconds, rather than just dealing true damage on hit.
- "While we're running into a few abuse cases with Skirmisher's Sabre, the big reason we're changing it is because it's weighted so heavily in favor of dudes who can hit you in the face as fast as possible. Given our goal with the new jungle items was to open up different playstyles, we're balancing it out in favor of more champions."
- STOP IT WARWICK : Basic attacks against a Challenged target deal
17-51 (based on level) true damage on hit ⇒ 60-162 (based on level) true damage over 3 seconds
Skirmisher's Sabre (NEW)
- RECIPE : Hunter's Machete + 350 gold
- PASSIVE - CHALLENGING SMITE : Smite can be cast on enemy champions, marking them for 6 seconds. While marked, you deal 18-69 bonus true damage to them on hit, have vision of them, and reduce their damage to you by 20%.
- PASSIVE - JUNGLER : Deal 45 magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds and gain 10 health and 5 mana per second while in combat with monsters