|Name||Song Eui-jin (송의진)|
|Country of Birth|
|Birthday||March 11, 1997 (age 24)|
|Soloqueue IDs||CN: 把我当成一颗树叭|
|Social Media & Links|
- 1 Team History
- 2 News
- 3 Biography
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Tournament Results
- 6 Media
|KT Rolster Arrows||Oct 20132013-10-07||Oct 20142014-10-06||1yr 30d|
|Invictus Gaming||Dec 20142014-12-18||Present||7yr 15d|
|KT.A||October 7, |
Olleh leave. Most 3 renames to Rookie.
|KT.A||October 6, |
|iG||December 18, |
RooKie, MaFa (Coach), and PoohManDu (Coach) join.
|iG||November 19, |
Rookie's contracts expire but departure is not confirmed.
Baolan's contract expires but departure is not confirmed.
|iG||December 21, |
JackeyLove's contracts are extended.
Duke's contract is updated in the GCD, expiring on 19 November 2019.
Baolan's contracts are updated in the GCD, expiring on 16 November 2021.
|iG||June 13, |
xin joins from academy roster.
Rookie becomes inactive.
|iG||July 1, |
Rookie becomes active.
Rookie (also stylized RooKie and RooKiE) joined KT Rolster Arrows as a mid laner, originally with the name Most 3. This new KTA team played their inaugural OGN in HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014. They managed to upset SK Telecom T1 K in the group stage and made it to the quarterfinals but they lost 3-1 to CJ Entus Blaze. HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 was KTA's breakthrough season, upsetting Samsung Blue 3-2 in the finals to win the OGN Championship. KTA managed to qualify for the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals but they lost 3-0 to NaJin White Shield in the second round. Rookie left the Arrows in October to join Invictus Gaming in December alongside his teammate from KTA, KaKAO.
RooKie played in his first full tournament with the team during the 2015 Demacia Cup Spring Season where they managed to make the finals but lost 3-0 to EDward Gaming. IG placed fifth in the 2015 LPL Spring Regular Season but placed third in the 2015 LPL Spring Playoffs after losing 3-0 to EDG in the semifinals but beating Snake eSports 3-1 in the third place match. In the 2015 Demacia Cup Summer Season, IG placed fourth by making it to the semifinals but losing 3-1 to EDG and then 3-2 to Snake. IG placed third in the 2015 LPL Summer Regular Season and managed to play third in the 2015 LPL Summer Playoffs by losing 3-2 to the Qiao Gu Reapers but beating EDG 3-1. IG qualified for the 2015 Season China Regional Finals and placed second by beating Qiao Gu 3-0 to take the third and final Chinese seed for the 2015 Season World Championship. IG was placed in a group alongside Cloud9, Fnatic, and AHQ e-Sports Club. Unfortunately, they ended with a 2-4 record and were knocked out of the tournament in last place.
The 2016 season was fairly straightforward for IG. The team placed 4th in the 2016 LPL Spring Season with an 8-8 record. They were quickly knocked out of playoffs in the first round after getting swept 0-3 by Snake Esports. The summer season was identical to the spring one for IG since they finished in 4th again with a 5-11 record. The summer playoffs also had the same result and IG were knocked out in the first round again by getting swept by I May.
Invictus Gaming finished 3rd in Group A of the 2017 LPL Spring Season with an 8-8 record. They would then drop out in the first round of the playoffs with a 1-3 loss to Newbee. IG participated in the 2017 Demacia Cup and finished 3rd after a 1-3 loss to I May in the semifinals. Their summer season was similar to their spring season and they finished 3rd with a 10-6 record. They did much better in the playoffs and finished 3rd with a victory over Team WE in the third place match. IG then participated in the 2017 Season China Regional Finals but failed to make it to Worlds after Team WE got their revenge against them and beat them 3-2.
Rookie and iG kick-started their season with a 3rd place finish in the Demacia Championship, losing 2-1 to Snake Esports in the loser's semifinal. Just two weeks later saw the start of the LPL Spring Season. Despite a regular season series record of 18-1, with their only loss being against Royal Never Give Up, this did not translate into success in the Spring Playoffs. Invictus Gaming were defeated 3-2 by RNG in the semifinals, this being followed by a 3-1 loss at the hands of Rogue Warriors in the third-place match. Although their performance could be considered a disappointment, their placement secured them a spot at Rift Rivals 2018.
A 3rd place finish in the Demacia Cup, this time losing to Bilibili Gaming in the loser's semifinal, was followed by a successful showing at Rift Rivals. Rookie and the team won both of their group stage games, helping the LPL to an eventual triumph over the LCK in the final. Invictus Gaming once again achieved an 18-1 regular season record in the LPL Summer Season, their sole loss again to RNG. Despite the similarity of the year's regular season performances, a successful showing in the Summer Playoffs, finishing runner-up to Royal Never Give Up after a tight 3-2 series, resulted in the team's qualification to the 2018 Season World Championship on points.
Invictus Gaming was placed in Group D for Worlds 2018, alongside Fnatic, 100 Thieves, and G-Rex. The group stage round robin concluded with iG and Fnatic tied for 1st place at 5-1. The tiebreaker went in the favor of Fnatic, resulting in Rookie and the team being drawn against KT Rolster in the quarterfinals. A tense affair saw iG emerge victorious 3-2 and progress to the semifinals where they met G2 Esports. A more straightforward 3-0 series secured them a place in the finals. Awaiting their challenge were Group D counterparts, Fnatic. Invictus Gaming's convincing performance in the finals resulted in a 3-0 victory, and made them the first Chinese team to win a World Championship.
Rookie and iG started the season with a strong showing in the LPL, placing 2nd in the LPL Spring Season en route to their first domestic win in the organization's history. Rookie and iG win 3-0 against JD Gaming in the finals, qualifying iG for the 2019 Mid-Season Invitational. At MSI IG went 9-1 in the group stage, only dropping a game to SK Telecom T1. They were heavy favourites to win the tournament but shockingly lost to Team Liquid 3-1 in the semi-finals.
On returning to China, Rookie and Invictus Gaming struggled to continue their dominance and finished 9-6 in the LPL/2019 Season/Summer Season and were knocked out 3-0 by LNG Esports in playoffs. However, they were able to attend the 2019 Season World Championship, after beating JD Gaming and Top Esports in 5 game series. At the World Championships, IG made it all the way to the semi-final, before getting knocked out by the eventual champions, FunPlus Phoenix 3-1.
- Nicknamed "Faker Junior" since his debut for having a large champion pool and incredible mechanics.
- Regarded as one of the best players of all time
- Voted to represent LPL in 2015, 2018, and 2020 All Stars.
- Regarded by many analysts and casters as top 3 mid laner in the world in 2015, the best player in the world in 2018, and top 3 in 2020.
- Known for his
- Speaks Chinese fluently and considered himself as the best Chinese language proficiency among the Korean pros.
- A very good singer can sing in Chinese as well.
- Reached 1,000 Kills in the LPL on April 13, 2017.
- Reached 1,500 kills in the LPL on July 18, 2018.
- Reached 2,000 kills in the LPL on March 11, 2020, his 23rd birthday.
- Reached 2,500 kills in the LPL on August 07, 2021.
- The 2nd player to reach 2,500 kills in the LPL after Uzi.
|2020-03-31||China||LPL 2020 Spring|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Rookie 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2018-12-08||3 - 4||All-Star 2018 Las Vegas||LPL||1 : 2 Pabu|
|2015-12-13||9 - 16||All-Star 2015 Los Angeles||Ice||0 : 1 LeX|
- October 4, IG vs AHQ - Rookie and Kakao Interview with , and on Twitch
- October 5, RooKie on iG: 'even though we got our first win today, I'm really worried for the three games that are about to come' with , and on The Score
- December 13, RooKie on iG's future: 'if each person does his job...we're a team that can really excel' with , and on The Score
- December 14, Rookie on All Stars, Learning Chinese, and a Special English Message to His Fans with , and on onGamers
- July 31, IG Rookie: “Korea is my home country and the LCK is my league, so I might return to it one day.” with , and on Slingshot Esports
- August 10, Rookie and the rookies: Invictus Gaming makes a bid for worlds contention with , and on Kelsey Moser for Slingshot Esports
- July 6, IG Rookie on His Eternal Idol, Faker: His Respect for the Player, the Change in Faker's Playstyle and His Tears with Hee Eun "Youii" Yoo, Woo "Ready" Hyun, , and Changsik "Alle" Son on Inven Global
- September 13, Rookie heads to Worlds as China’s undisputed MVP by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- September 25, Interview with iG Rookie and Jackeylove on Korean bootcamp with Ashley Kang on Korizon Esports
- October 10, IG Rookie on Why LPL Is Dominating, His World Championship Goal, and Tips for Other Import Players with Ki-Baek "Juneau" Nam, Sihoon "Maloo" Lee, and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 13, Rookie explains IG's meme about everyone stealing Jackeylove's penta with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- October 13, Worlds Group Stage 2018 top 30 players: 5-1 by Rui Yang Xu on The Game Haus
- October 25, Almost Winners by Kien Lam on LoL Esports
- October 31, With one more victory at Worlds, Rookie can bring glory to his adopted homeland by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- November 1, A marquee match in mid lane: Caps vs. Rookie by Emily Rand on ESPN
- November 1, 10 great plays from Caps and Rookie to hype you up before Worlds finals by Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- November 9, Fnatic may have lost, but here are five reasons why LCS fans should be happy Invictus won Worlds by Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- December 20, From 'Rookie' to world champion and everything in between by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- December 27, Faker vs. Rookie is the worlds showdown we all want to see by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- May 10, Rookie and Faker face off at MSI in a battle for global mid lane supremacy by Malcolm Abbas on Dot Esports
- May 11, Rookie on how talented IG is and his expectations for rematches against G2 and SKT with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- May 11, IG Rookie: "I want to have a rematch with G2 and SKT with standard picks from both sides." with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok and Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 12, [Worlds 2019] IG Rookie on SKT: "I want to meet them as late as possible. Although we’re the defending champions, they're way too strong.” with Youngbo "Roxyy" Sim & Daniel "Quest" Kwon on Inven Global
- October 13, Rookie explains what revenge against Team Liquid looks like for IG with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- October 23, Rookie on eliminating Team Liquid from Worlds 2019, facing GRIFFIN in Quarters with Darius Matuschak on The Shotcaller
- October 26, [Worlds 2019] IG Rookie on Semifinals: "I hope our fellow Chinese team FPX makes it, since a semifinal between the two LPL teams would mean that China would at least come in second." with Byungho "Haao" Kim & Daniel "Quest" Kwon on Inven Global
- January 18, How Korea's Beloved Champion Became China's Hometown Hero: The Story of Rookie by theScore Esports on YouTube
- September 26, Faker and Rookie- Two Gods on a converging path by Mush on Esports Heaven
|2021-08-07||LPL 2021 Summer|
|2021-06-07||LPL 2021 Summer|
|2021-03-25||LPL 2021 Spring|
|2021-02-04||LPL 2021 Spring|
|2021-01-10||LPL 2021 Spring|
|2019-10-20||Worlds 2019 Main Event|
|2019-07-05||Rift Rivals 2019 LCK-LPL-LMS-VCS|
|2019-05-10||MSI 2019 Main Event|
|2018-11-03||Worlds 2018 Main Event|
|2018-10-11||Worlds 2018 Main Event|
The following pages redirect here:
- '카카오' 이병권-'루키' 송의진, KT 떠난다 (Korean) dailygame.co.kr
- '막눈' 윤하운 KT 떠난다… KT롤스터 LOL팀 리빌딩 완료 (Korean) inven.co.kr
- Invictus Gaming's Weibo Post (Chinese) weibo.com
- Invictus Gaming's Weibo Post (Chinese) weibo.com
- Rookie's Weibo Post (Chinese) weibo.com
- Invictus Gaming's Weibo Post (Chinese) weibo.com
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - CN - 2018-11-19; after change - CN - 2018-11-19
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - CN - 2018-12-16; after change - CN - 2018-12-16
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - CN - 2018-12-08; after change - CN - 2018-12-21