Reminder: Lord Van Damm’s Pillager only exists on Twisted Treeline!
Like Mejai’s Soulstealer, Pillager is meant to be a risky purchase that doesn’t always pan out. Unlike Mejai’s, Pillager is an end-game item that requires a ton of investment to build. Losing control of Treeline’s altars is still a big hit to Pillager’s effectiveness, but its cost is now more appropriate for its baseline strength.
COMBINE COST : [1000 gold] ⇒ 700 gold
TOTAL COST : [3300 gold] ⇒ 3000 gold
We told you it'd be back.
As promised last patch, Lord Van Damm’s Pillager is back. We’ve repurposed it from a Treeline-sized Infinity Edge to a powerful end-game item for AD bruisers that taps into the unique gameplay Twisted Treeline offers.
COST : 3300 gold
RECIPE : Caulfield's Warhammer + Jaurim's Fist + 1000 gold
HEALTH : 400
ATTACK DAMAGE : 50
COOLDOWN REDUCTION : 10%
ASHES TO ASHES : UNIQUE Passive - Controlling the nearest Altar sets you aflame, dealing 26-43 (from levels 1-18) magic damage per second to nearby enemies (Deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters). Controlling the furthest Altar causes your basic attacks to burn targets for 6-114 (from levels 1-18) damage over 3 seconds.
TOO MUCH FIRE : The first buff from Ashes to Ashes is an Immolate effect (doesn't stack with Bami's Cinder, Sunfire Cape, or Cinderhulk)
Various map-specific items removed.
Let’s start with Sanguine Blade. It was created as a cheap and efficient purchase for traditional marksmen, jump-starting their late-game scaling which otherwise never reached fruition in Treeline’s shorter game times. Amidst our preseason changes to marksman itemization, that efficiency’s been pushed from “necessary evil” to “delirious overtuning”, and Sanguine Blade is now stifling the item diversity preseason was meant to foster. Turns out you can have too much of a good thing, so we’re saying farewell to Sanguine Blade.
SO LONG Sanguine Blade has been removed from Twisted Treeline
These two items are in the same boat, so we’re melding their contexts into one. Dervish Blade and Overlord’s Bloodmail were originally introduced because their Rift cousins (Mercurial Scimitar and Warmog’s Armor) were too big for the Treeline, albeit in different ways. Scimitar was exceedingly difficult to build due to its B. F. Sword component, while Warmog’s was too powerful for the 3v3 environment. Both problems have been addressed, so we’re trading these Treeline items in for their bigger versions.
FAREWELL Dervish Blade and Overlord’s Bloodmail have been removed from Twisted Treeline
Lord Van Damm's Pillager
Spoiler alert: Pillager won’t be gone for long. With the introduction of Infinity Edge (second spoiler alert!), Pillager no longer needs to fill the role of “Treeline version of a Rift item”, so we’re temporarily retiring it. This, incidentally, means Wicked Hatchet is a dead-end item. We don’t want it skulking around the item shop, so we’re retiring it for good.
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN Lord Van Damm’s Pillager and Wicked Hatchet have been removed from Twisted Treeline
Now applies a bleed on crit instead of amplifying crit damage.
- "We don’t have anything against bringing Infinity Edge’s crit damage multiplier to other maps, but it was kind of random to shoehorn it in at the expense of Wicked Hatchet’s unique identity. Pillager now inherits Wicked Hatchet’s bleed effect in an appropriately buffed state - this is, after all, a consistency pass."
- [NEW] UNIQUE PASSIVE - CRITICAL VISION : Critical strikes cause enemies to bleed for an additional 150% of bonus Attack Damage as magic damage over 3 seconds and reveal them for the duration
- [REMOVED] SORRY YASUO : No longer causes critical strikes to deal 250% damage instead of 200%
- Re-introduced with a new build and effect
- Builds from Wicket Hatchet, Pickaxe, Agility Cloak
- Costs 3800 (995 combine cost)
- Stats and effect are identical to Infinity Edge
- Reduced health by 50
- Reduced armor penetration by 5
- NEW ITEM Lord Van Damm's Pillager
- Recipe - Heart of Gold + The Brutalizer
- Total gold cost - 2,962 (Combine cost - 800)
- +40 attack damage
- +350 health
- Unique Passive - 10% cooldown reduction
- Unique Passive - 10% spell vamp