We've removed "The" from some item names and descriptions!
- Black Cleaver
- Black Spear
- Dark Seal
- Hex Core mk1 and mk2
- Obsidian Cleaver
Removed various starting, vision, and alternate-map-specific items.
This section's a bit of a grab bag, so we'll rapidfire a few explanations. First: we like the safe efficiency of Doran’s items, but not the inventory bloat of stacking them. We're replacing the Doran's series with the Guardian's items - see below. Next: Arcane Sweeper and Lightbringer were meant to balance out Howling Abyss's lack of wards, but ended up as permanent, mandatory counters to certain champs (even if their stats weren't desirable). We're retiring them and beefing up Oracle's Extract instead. Finally: Entropy and Wicked Hatchet were what we call 'trap' choices: they could be cool, but never lived up to their potential and were usually just wastes of gold. Sometimes a 'trap' item’s niche is interesting enough to go back and fill properly, but that's not the case here.
Now, say one final farewell to our departing friends!
FROZEN AND ALONE : The following items have been removed from Howling Abyss:
Orb of Winter
- "Not having wards on Twisted Treeline adds a level of fear you'd expect from the Shadow Isles, but also means squishy champions don't have great ways of moving safely around the map. It also leads to (get ready for it) snowballing: when you’re ahead, you have more control over the map, more strength in a jungle fight, and less to lose from hanging out in a brush. We saw an opportunity to address some of these concerns with the trinket slot to give players more compelling choices than "facecheck the jungle or AFK at turret".
- The immediate change below might not make sense here (we talk about how snowbally vision is, and then we remove vision granting items), but if you go one changelist below that, you'll see we're introducing a trinket! So... please read below.
- The following items have been removed from Twisted Treeline:"
This item has been remade - we will be listing only the new stats!
- RECIPE: Wicked Hatchet + Cloak of Agility + 350 gold (total cost: 2280 gold)
- ATTACK DAMAGE: +30
- CRITICAL STRIKE CHANCE: +30%
- CRITICAL VISION: Critical strikes now cause the target to bleed for an additional 90% of your bonus attack damage as physical damage over 3 seconds and are revealed for the duration of the bleed.
- Total cost reduced to 2200 (from 2500)
- Combine cost reduced to 375 (from 575)
- New recipe: Grez's Spectral Lantern + Pickaxe
- Total gold cost: 2,425 (combine cost: 300)
- +50 attack damage
- +20 armor
- +12% life steal
- UNIQUE passive - Vanquish: Basic attacks have a 20% chance to deal 100 bonus magic damage (doubled for non-champions)
- UNIQUE passive - Trap Detection: Nearby stealthed enemy traps are revealed
- UNIQUE active: Cover s a target area in a stealth-detecting mist that grants vision for 10 seconds (60 second cooldown)
- Cost reduced from 1,750 (825) to 1,595 (245)