The LPL 2020 Season awards Championship Points towards qualification for the World Championship.
- The winner of the Summer Playoffs automatically qualifies (AQ) for the Worlds 2020 Main Event as China's first seed.
- The team that has accrued the most championship points over the 2020 Season (and wasn't automatically qualified) also qualifies for the Main Event as China's second seed.
- China's third and fourth seeds for Worlds are determined at the Regional Finals. The third seed qualifies for the Main Event while the fourth seed qualifies for the Play-In.
- The top 4 teams in championship points (that are not already qualified for Worlds) play in the Regional Finals.
- The Regional Finals consist of a waterfall-style bracket with seeding based on Championship Points.
Championship Points Tiebreaker
In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Summer Split, then the team that gained the most points in the Summer Split will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker.
- 1 On March 3rd, the amount of Championship Points granted for finishing 1st to 4th in Spring was reduced from 90 to 60, 70 to 40, 50 to 30, and 30 to 20 respectively. This is most likely due to the Coronavirus outbreak, which forced the league to be played online and have a very tight schedule.