Cost increased. Armor increased.
We wanted to allow marksmen who face heavy physical damage to get a Chain Vest (rather than just Cloth Armor), knowing they'd eventually build it into something. Guardian Angel was a natural choice, even if it required a higher price point.
TOTAL COST : [2400 gold] ⇒ 2800 gold
| BUILD PATH :
||B.F. Sword + Stopwatch +
||[Cloth Armor + 200 gold]
||Chain Vest + 100 gold
ARMOR :  ⇒ 40
COST : 2400 gold (unchanged)
| BUILD PATH :
||B.F. Sword + Cloth Armor +
||Stopwatch + 200 Gold
Icon update to match midseason’s changes.
ICON : Updated!
Now a physical damage item! Attack damage added. Magic resist removed.
Like Banshee’s Veil, the Guardian Angel passive is much more appropriate for carries who could easily find themselves bursted in an instant and in need of a second chance. While we toyed with the idea of finding a way to make the resurrection effect available in both magic damage and physical damage forms, mages have Zhonya’s Hourglass for a stasis effect, and two stasis effects makes for a really frustrating “playing against” case. As a result, we’re retuning Guardian Angel to have more appropriate stats for carries who churn out physical damage.
TOTAL COST : 2400 (unchanged)
BUILD PATH : [Chain Vest + Negatron Cloak + 880 gold] ⇒ B. F. Sword + Cloth Armor + 800 gold
ATTACK DAMAGE 40
ARMOR :  ⇒ 30
MAGIC RESIST No longer grants magic resist
UNIQUE PASSIVE : Upon taking lethal damage, restore [30% of maximum health and 30% of maximum mana after 4 seconds of stasis (300 second cooldown)] ⇒ 50% of base health and 30% of maximum mana after 4 seconds of stasis (300 second cooldown)
Cost and magic resist reduced.
Despite our changes in 6.5, Guardian Angel’s still not pulling its weight as a reactionary defensive buy. Putting it on sale at the cost of a bit of mitigation helps cement GA as the go-to item when looking for life insurance against physical divers and assassins.
TOTAL COST : [2700 gold] ⇒ 2400 gold
COMBINE COST : [1180 gold] ⇒ 880 gold
MAGIC RESIST :  ⇒ 45
Costs less and gives more health to squishy champions.
Guardian Angel’s effect is a game-changer in the right circumstances, but its incredibly high price tag makes it hard to feel confident you’ve made the right choice. It’s expensive for good reason, too - when GA is the go-to defensive item, the game state becomes one where almost every champion buys it after a lead, making it next to impossible for gold-starved opponents to break through all those extra lives. That said, squishy champions (primarily marksmen) have been feeling the pressures of being annihilated by assassins and spell-combos lately, so we’re making Guardian Angel more efficient when it’s the right call.
COMBINE COST : [1380 gold] ⇒ 1180 gold
TOTAL COST : [2900 gold] ⇒ 2700 gold
REVIVE AMOUNT : [30% of maximum health] ⇒ the greater of 700 health or 30% maximum health
TOTAL cost : [2800 gold] ⇒ 2900 gold
BUILD path : Chain Vest + Negatron Cloak + 1380 gold
armor :  ⇒ 60
MAGIC resist :  ⇒ 60
- "Just a small cost correction after we removed and revived Negatron Cloak. There's a Guardian Angel joke in here somewhere but we're not looking for it."
- COMBINE COST :
1250 gold ⇒ 1200 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2850 gold ⇒ 2800 gold
- "See above, which will direct you to above that. So see above the above."
- RECIPE :
Null Magic Mangle + Chain Vest + 1500 gold ⇒ Negatron Cloak + Chain Vest + 1250 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2750 gold ⇒ 2850 gold
- MAGIC RESISTANCE :
45 ⇒ 50
- Recipe Changed: Negatron Cloak + Chain Vest + 1310 Gold = 2750 total Gold, up from 2600
- Magic Resist increased to 40 from 30
- Armor reduced from 68 to 50
- Magic Resist reduced from 38 to 30
- Unique Passive changed to "Revives your champion upon death, restoring 30% of your Maximum Health and Mana (5 minute cooldown).
- Combine cost increased from 1,200 to 1,480
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Added a gray version of the cooldown icon for the passive effect
- Guardian Angel's revive effect will activate after
Tryndamere's Undying Rage and
Zilean's Chronoshift, but before
- Now removes most positive buffs from your champion when it activates. For example,
Soraka's Astral Blessing,
Garen's Judgment, and
Fiddlesticks' Crowstorm will now be removed
- Now revives champions at 750 health and 375 mana instead of 40% health and mana
- Will now display a timer showing how long until the effect is ready again
- Will now only proc on cloned units if it was ready to activate when the clone was created. In other words, clones now sync their Guardian Angel states to the main champion when created.
- Clones that expire while being revived with Guardian Angel will no longer last permanently
- Positive buffs are no longer lost on pseudo-death
- Elixirs are no longer lost upon pseudo-death
- Health and mana restored on respawn reduced from 50% to 40%
- You can no longer teleport while being revived
- Combine cost increased from 850 to 1,200
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Bug fixed which caused it to proc more than once every 5 minutes
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a bug where the passive effect would persist past selling the item