Activation is composed of two components: increased movement speed, and the ability to ignore unit collision. The latter allows you to run through minion waves. This ability is mostly taken by a jungler to gank more effectively or by someone that needs to be able to cover a lot of space, as ghost may make you cover more distance quicker than flash.
Our changes to Ghost in patch 10.12 ended up being a small nerf with its increased cooldown, so we’re following up with a buff to speedily move it in the right direction.
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED : [20-40% (levels 1-18)] ⇒ 24-48% (levels 1-18)
Ghost has been a non-viable summoner for many champions for a long time now. Adding some power that emphasizes its strengths relative to other summoner spells with a sustained mobility effect for those using it aggressively.
GHOSTING THE BUILD-UP Ghost's movement speed now activates instantly
TAKEDOWN MS EXTENSION Ghost's increased movement speed duration now extends by 4-7 seconds (levels 1-18) when you get a takedown
| MOVEMENT SPEED :
||[28-45% (levels 1-18)]
||20-40% (levels 1-18)
COOLDOWN :  ⇒ 210 seconds
Ghost takes time to ramp up to its maximum movement speed.
Right now, players are using Ghost in much the same way as Flash: a snap reaction spell in sticky situations. We think Ghost has its place in avoiding incoming ganks, but shouldn’t be so effective at escaping ganks that are already in-progress. The problem stems from Ghost giving all of its speed upfront, padding the punishment for slow response time.
0-60 IN TWO SECONDS Ghost’s movement speed now ramps up over the first two seconds, rather than activating instantly
Cooldown decreased. Movement speed scales with level.
With the removal of Distortion Boots, Ghost lost out on the scaling power it had come to rely on. Given Ghost’s consistent underselection relative to Flash, buffing the summoner spell won’t make it a must take, while still keeping the late game feel it previously had.
COOLDOWN :  ⇒ 180
MOVEMENT SPEED BONUS : [27% at all levels] ⇒ 28-45% (at levels 1-18)
- Ghost sound effects updated
- Now improved in the Offense Mastery tree instead of Utility
- Duration decreased to 10 seconds from 14
- Movement speed increase reduced to 27% from 32%
- Can be used without breaking stealth
- Increased movement speed from 28% to 32%
- Increased duration from 12 seconds to 14
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown increased from 180 to 210
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Reduced talent bonus from +10% to +8%
- Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 12
April 18, 2009 Patch
- Reduced duration from 25 to 15 seconds
- Increased movement speed bonus from 22% to 28%
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Increase movement speed bonus from 15% to 22%
Alpha Week 6
- Movement speed bonus decreased to 15% from 20%
Alpha Week 5
- Duration increased to 25 seconds form 15 seconds and tooltip now properly reflects the 20% movement speed bonus
Alpha Week 4
- Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes from 6 minutes, and movement speed increased to 20% from 10%
Alpha Week 3
- Haste name changed to Ghost and now allows you to walk through units