|Effects||Teleports your champion a short distance toward your cursor's location.|
Flash is a blink type summoner spell that activates instantly upon being cast, teleporting the player's champion a short distance in the direction of their cursor.
Flash can easily be used to escape from a foe, or to catch up to one for a killing blow. It can be used to dodge or land abilities. It can also be used to move over walls, either for a quick escape or in response to an opponent's dash. When you have secured a kill under a tower but you are very low, you can quickly "flash" out of range to avoid the tower aggro. You can assassinate people very quickly with the gap-closer that Flash offers.
- The cooldown can be reduced by Distortion boot enchantment and Mastermind mastery.
- Flash cannot be activated if the player is affected by hard crowd control.
- Flash and Teleport can not be cast while silenced. This does not hold true for other summoner spells.
For a time, the inclusion of flash in the game was hotly debated and Riot considered removing Flash from the game entirely, with parts of the community for and against removal. As a result, it has suffered several nerfs.
- NO MORE AWKWARD STOPPING Movement commands now persist after Flashing in the same direction you're moving
- Cooldown increased to 300 seconds from 265
- Improved Flash is now calculated after other Summoner Flash cooldown reductions
- Cooldown increased to 265 seconds from 255 seconds
- Range reduced to 400 from 450
- No longer pops projectiles
- Cooldown increased to 255 seconds, from 240
- Can no longer be cast while rooted
- Now removes stealth when used
- Range reduced to 425 from 450
- Increased the cooldown to 240 seconds from 210
- Cooldown increased to 210 from 180
- Cooldown increased to 195 from 180
- Changed Flash’s targeting type so it no longer requires a location click; now it uses the location of the cursor
- Fixed a bug where attempting to cast Flash extremely far distances away would cause the champion to move, instead of teleporting in that direction
- Range reduced to 450 from 1,000
- Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes from 6
- Now pops incoming projectiles when used
- Cooldown increased from 300 to 330
- Reduced cast range by 100
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown increased from 270 seconds to 300
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Flash now cancels channeled abilities upon casting (no more Absolute Zero hopping)
June 12, 2009 Patch
- Reduced range from 900 to 800
- Changed functionality: Flash is now cast without the need of a target indicator (i.e. it is cast towers to position of your mouse pointer)
- Will automatically flash to the furthest valid range in the direction it is cast at
- No longer has a cast time
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown reduced from 240 to 210
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Cast time reduced from 0.75 to 0.5 seconds
Alpha Week 5
- Cooldown increased to 4 minutes from 3.5 minutes
Alpha Week 4
- Cooldown increased to 3.5 minutes from 2.5 minutes