|Map Availability||SR, TR|
|Total Cost: 450 |
|Sold For: 180 |
They say Effrem E. Doran was born with a hammer in his hands and a forge in his heart. Every object he touched, he found ways to improve, and he knew that he was destined to be a brilliant artificer. At the age of 15, he was invited to the League with an offer to assume the role of Master Artificer, a dream come true and an unprecedented honor for one so young. However, fate had other plans. En route, his carriage broke an axle. When he leaned down to inspect it, he was kicked in the head by his donkey, a stern blow. He stumbled back onto the wagon, but when he arrived at the Institute of War he was a different boy. The kick had rendered his mind soft, but it hadn’t robbed him of his passion. He still wanted nothing other than to craft, but where once he may have created singular masterpieces, he now crafted…somewhat simpler items, and many of them. He is a kind, goofy, good-hearted soul, and he takes pride in the work he does. His items are daily selected by champions on the Fields of Justice, and he has a permanent home at the Institute of War.
Doran's Blade, Doran's Shield, Doran's Ring, and Wukong's staff are some of the more famous crafts.
Removed various starting, vision, and alternate-map-specific items.
This section's a bit of a grab bag, so we'll rapidfire a few explanations. First: we like the safe efficiency of Doran’s items, but not the inventory bloat of stacking them. We're replacing the Doran's series with the Guardian's items - see below. Next: Arcane Sweeper and Lightbringer were meant to balance out Howling Abyss's lack of wards, but ended up as permanent, mandatory counters to certain champs (even if their stats weren't desirable). We're retiring them and beefing up Oracle's Extract instead. Finally: Entropy and Wicked Hatchet were what we call 'trap' choices: they could be cool, but never lived up to their potential and were usually just wastes of gold. Sometimes a 'trap' item’s niche is interesting enough to go back and fill properly, but that's not the case here.
Now, say one final farewell to our departing friends!
FROZEN AND ALONE : The following items have been removed from Howling Abyss:
Orb of Winter
TOTAL cost : [440 gold] ⇒ 450 gold
health :  ⇒ 80
ATTACK damage :  ⇒ 8
- "REMOVED" LIFE ON HIT: Basic attacks no longer restore health on hit
- "NEW" LIFESTEAL: 3%
80 ⇒ 70
- ATTACK DAMAGE
8 ⇒ 7
- Cost reduced to 440 Gold (from 475 Gold)
- Attack Damage reduced to 8 (from 10)
- Basic attacks now restore 3 health for ranged champions and 5 health for melee champions (from 5 health for all champions)
- Life Steal removed
- New Passive: Your basic attacks restore 5 health each time they hit an enemy.
- Health reduced to 80 from 100
- Fixed a bug where it was providing an unintended effect
- Damage increased to 10 from 9
- Cost increased to 475 from 435
- Mana regeneration per 5 seconds increased to 5 from 4
- Damage increased to 8 from 6
- Health reduced to 100 from 120
- Lifesteal reduced to 3% from 4%
- 120 Health
- 6 Attack Damage
- 4% Lifesteal
- Doran's items and Gold per 10 items now sell back for 50% (down from 70%)
- Gold per 10 reduced from 2 to 1
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Removed attack speed
- Added +2 gold per 10
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Reduced health from 150 to 130
- Reduced cost from 475 to 435
May 9, 2009 Patch
|Game Mode Specific|