|Effects||Removes all disables (excluding Suppression) and summoner spells debuffs affecting your champion and lowers the duration of incoming disables by 65% for 3 seconds.|
Cleanse is a 'non-targeted' summoner spell. Its primary function is to remove active crowd control effects, allowing the summoner to continue pursuit or escape. It is also popular to replace Ignite with this spell.
- Cleanse will remove any and all of the following effects: Ignite, Exhaust, Blinds, Charm, Fear (including Flee), Movement Slows, Polymorph, Silences, Snares (including Entangle, Roots and Immobilizes), Stuns and Taunts.
- Cleanse will not remove non-CC effects, such as: damage over time, attack speed reductions, defense shredding and grievous wounds. Quicksilver Sash is an alternative to Cleanse that will remove all of these effects, but it does remove Ignite, even though it is a damage over time.
- Cleanse will provide 3 seconds of 65% crowd control reduction after activation (or 4 with Summoner's Resolve). This stacks multiplicatively with other sources, such as Tenacity and champion abilities.
- This crowd control reduction will have no effect on additional Ignites, but will reduce the duration of Exhaust's movement speed slow.
- Cleanse has no effect on Suppression, knock-ups, knock-backs, grabs and flings. This is true for both the removal and reduction effects.
- Cleanse will remove all effects contained within the crowd control debuff.
- For example, it will remove the following attack speed slows: Glacial Storm, Crippling Strike, Cripple, Wither, Ice Blast, Absolute Zero, Warden's Mail and Randuin's Omen.
Tryndamere's Mocking Shout is an example of an ability where the two parts are separate debuffs. This is also true for
Anivia's "Chill" debuff, applied by Flash Frost and Glacial Storm.
- Interestingly, Essence Flux, Ground Slam and Barrel Roll are the only attack speed slows in the game not connected to a movement speed slow and so are the only attack speed slows that Cleanse will not remove.
- Previously the tool tip stated that Cleanse was able to remove the Sleep debuff, although no such effect existed in the game.
- Cleanse was named Boost up until v0.9.22.15.
- Now cleanses summoner spell debuffs such as Exhaust's movement speed and damage reduction and Ignite's damage over time
- Cooldown increased to 210 seconds from 150 seconds
- Improved Cleanse no longer reduces cooldown, but now extends the secondary disable reduction buff by 1 second
- Removed the word "sleeps" from Cleanse's tooltip
- Exhaust is now properly flagged as a slow and a blind and can now be removed by Cleanse
- Now removes Silence and Blind effects
- Can be used without breaking stealth
- Now only removes crowd controlling effects, silences and blinds. It no longer removes effects such as damaging debuffs or armor/stat debuffs
- Cooldown increased to 150 seconds from 120 seconds
- No longer provides debuff immunity (but still removes debuffs when cast). Provides a 50% duration reduction to stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps and immobilizers for the next 3 seconds
- Cooldown increased to 120 from 100
- Provides 2 seconds of debuff immunity after cast
- Cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 100
- Added the Summoner Spell particle
- No longer stops
- Renamed to Cleanse
- Removes all debuffs from your champion, can be cast while disabled
- Reduced cooldown from 150 to 120
- Increased cooldown from 120 to 150
- Reduced duration from 15 to 12
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Boost duration reduced from 30 seconds to 15
June 26, 2009 Patch
- No longer gets consumed by autoattack abilities like Frost Shot or Toxic Shot
June 6, 2009 Patch
- Gave it the correct buff icon / tooltip
- Can now be cast while disabled
May 29, 2009 Patch
May 23, 2009 Patch
- Boost now activates a 30 second duration spell shield (90 second cooldown), also removes any slows/silences/snares currently on the caster
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Boost cooldown reduced from 180 to 90 seconds (Known issue - it doesn't break stuns, fears, or silences)
Alpha Week 5
- Boost initial cooldown reduced to zero, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes from 8 minutes
Alpha Week 4
- Boost cooldown decreased to 6 minutes from 8 minutes