Clarity is best taken in teams where most, if not all, champions are mana based. Usually this spell is taken by a mana-hungry champion that needs to compensate with low base mana/mana regen (eg. Malphite), or focuses on aggressive play by spamming their skills (eg. Ryze).
Cooldown reduced. Restores more mana to the caster but less to nearby allies.
With extra summoner spell cooldown coming to Howling Abyss, we’re looking to keep Clarity from going off the rails in terms of the mana that it provides to an entire team. These large infusions of mana disproportionately benefit already-powerful poke compositions, so we’re focusing Clarity on filling your own mana pool rather than your ally’s.
COOLDOWN : [180 seconds] ⇒ 144 seconds
SELF MANA RESTORE : [40% maximum mana ] ⇒ 50% maximum mana
ALLY MANA RESTORE : [40% maximum mana ] ⇒ 25% maximum mana
no tears, only dreams
Simply put, these Summoners were caught in a space where they'd either never be picked or be too powerful to not pick, given the tuning (hint: it was always the former). As such, keeping these spells around served as a trap for those poor, unfortunate souls who took them, so we're laying them to rest. Say hey to Fortify, Promote and Surge for us.
The following Summoner Spells have been removed from Summoner's Rift:
- Now restores 40% maximum Mana to you and nearby allies
- Improved Clarity now increases the Mana restoration by 25%, up from 20% (total 50% max Mana to you and allies)
- Heal and Clarity summoner spells will now restore health/mana to the caster even if they are untargetable when the summoner spell is cast (Fizz's Playful/Trickster, Vladimir's Sanguine Pool, Zhonya's Hourglass)
- Now removes stealth upon use.
- Cooldown reduced to 180 from 270
- Base Mana Restore increased to 160 from 100
- Mana Restore per level increased to 30 from 25
- Bonus mana per level increased from 15 to 25 (increased total potential mana from 115-370 to 125-550
- Restores 100 + 15 x level mana to your Champion and 50% of that to nearby allies