Clairvoyance (Summoner Spell)
|Effects||Reveals an area of the map for 5 seconds.|
Clairvoyance was a 'targeted' Summoner spell. It is mainly used for scouting, aiming skills, avoiding enemy ganks and setting up ganks of your own. It can't detect invisible units, but it can see into brush. Unlike wards, Clairvoyance does not need to be "placed" into a specific patch of brush, but instead reveals all of the map within its range.
Clairvoyance is not available on Summoner's Rift and Howling Abyss.
- Clairvoyance is generally taken by a support champions, such as
Soraka, so that carries may choose more self-serving Summoner Spells.
- On Summoner's Rift, use Clairvoyance early on the enemy fountain (between 5 and 15s) to see starting items and lane setup of the opposing team.
- Revealed champions will have their items updated on the summary window (Tab or O).
- Clairvoyance is primarily used to check for the enemy jungler's progress, and prevent ganks from the jungler or laners that are "MIA."
- If you know the enemy jungler is invading your jungle, cast Clairvoyance at their probable location to help counter their presence.
- You can use Clairvoyance during a team fight near brush to prevent your team from losing line of sight.
- If Clairvoyance only extends over half of a brush patch, an enemy unit can remain unseen in the other half.
- The "eye" that is placed at the Clairvoyanced area can be seen by the enemy, even if it is in the fog of war.
- Clairvoyance will reset the markers for neutral monster camps on the minimap.
- Casting Clairvoyance does not interrupt a Recall channel.
- The "eye" (green by ally and red by enemy) of the effect indicates its duration.
- Clairvoyance and Smite have the shortest cooldown of all the summoner spells.