Ability power increased.
Fiendish Codex is being tuned up in overall ability power to match Lost Chapter.
ABILITY POWER :  ⇒ 35
UPGRADED : Zhonya's Hourglass and Banshee's Veil also have 5 more total ability power.
Cost increased. Magic resist increased.
Given the potent defense a spell shield offers in lane, we want to ensure Banshee’s Veil doesn’t come online too early and that enemies have a chance to fight Veil buyers while they’re vulnerable. A cost increase hits both goals at once: buyers need more time to earn the extra gold and are left sitting on just Null-Magic Mantle for longer. That said, we don’t think Veil needs a flat-out nerf, so we’re keeping it competitive at its new cost.
COST : [2700 (500 combine cost)] ⇒ 3000 (800 combine cost)
MAGIC RESIST :  ⇒ 60
Now a mage item! Health removed, ability power added.
For tanks, Banshee’s Veil isn’t bought for being Banshee’s Veil, it’s bought because it’s another Spirit Visage stat line. When it comes down to it, a spell shield is a much more carry-oriented ability, because tanks won’t instantly die if caught out by stray crowd control. We’re reworking Banshee’s Veil’s statline to make it more enticing to carries.
COST :  ⇒ 2500
BUILD PATH : [Spectre’s Cowl + Negatron Cloak + 530 gold] ⇒ Fiendish Codex + Null-Magic Mantle + Blasting Wand + 500 gold
ABILITY POWER 70
MAGIC RESIST :  ⇒ 45
HEALTH No longer grants health
HEALTH REGENERATION No longer grants health regen
UNIQUE PASSIVE : Grants a spell shield that blocks the next enemy ability. This shield refreshes after no damage is taken from enemy champions for 40 seconds. (unchanged)
Health and cost down. Recipe changed.
Banshee’s Veil offers an entirely unique effect in the item lineup, but its similar price-point and statline to Spirit Visage do more harm than good for BV’s chances of actually being purchased. Normally too expensive compared to its cousin, we’re shrinking Veil to be the earlier buy that guards against a burst mage gone wild, with an accordingly slimmer stat line. This makes it less effective in a full item build if you’re aiming for pure defense, but more accessible for those in need of a spell shield on a budget.
TOTAL COST : [2900 gold] ⇒ 2450 gold
BUILD PATH : Spectre’s Cowl + Negatron Cloak + 530 gold
HEALTH :  ⇒ 300
TOTAL cost : [2700 gold] ⇒ 2900 gold
BUILD path : Spectre's Cowl + Crystalline Bracer + 1150 gold
health :  ⇒ 500
MAGIC resist :  ⇒ 70
Crystalline Bracer’s a neat but underused component, so we’re stickin’ it into more items.
TOTAL COST : [2750 gold] ⇒ 2700 gold
BUILD PATH : [Spectre’s Cowl + Ruby Crystal + 1150 gold] ⇒ Spectre's Cowl + Crystalline Bracer + 1050 gold
MAGIC RESIST :  ⇒ 60
Banshee's Veil takes longer to recharge
- "The low cooldown on Banshee's Veil's spell shield allows it to be 'up' for the arrival of every new minion wave, which makes it a little too strong in evenly matched scenarios where one team is trying to siege out the other under a tower. "
- SPELL SHIELD RECHARGE TIME
25 seconds ⇒ 40 seconds
- Recipe Changed: Spectre's Cowl + Ruby Crystal + 875 Gold = 2750 total Gold, up from 2520
- Health increased to 450 from 400
- Magic Resist increased to 55 from 45
- Mana reduced to 0 from 300
- Additional UNIQUE Passive: Grants +45 Health Regen per 5 seconds for up to 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion or when the spell shield breaks
- Combine cost increased to 600 from 490 (total cost is now 2,610 from 2,500)
- Health increased to 400 from 300
- Health reduced from 375 to 300
- Mana reduced from 375 to 300
- Magic Resist reduced from 50 to 45
- Cost reduced from 2,715 (650) to 2,500 (490)
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Refresh time increased to 45 seconds from 30
- Health reduced to 375 from 450
- Mana reduced to 375 from 400
- Magic resist reduced to 50 from 57
- Guardian Angel and Banshee's Veil will now only proc on cloned units if it was ready to activate when the clone was created. In other words, clones now sync their Guardian Angel and Banshee's Veil states to the main champion when created
- Cooldown increased from 25 seconds to 30
July 10, 2009 Patch
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a bug where the effect would persist past selling the item
May 9, 2009 Patch