Banner of Command was intended as a strategic-niche item that pushes a lane autonomously, forcing enemies to deal with the threat while Banner's owner is making plays elsewhere on the map. However, it’s only ever lived in two states: rarely purchased even in the situations it was meant for, or meta-warping. We’re removing Banner from the shop and taking a step back to evaluate if this item niche is both engaging and fun enough to work in League. Even if that answer is "yes," Banner would need some serious work to make a return, so this is goodbye for the foreseeable future.
We changed Banner to make the empowered minion less of a shutdown against AP champs, now its causing probelms for everyone, especially when multiple teammates start stacking it.
Damage Reduction : [70%] ⇒ 40% (Tooltip will be updated in 8,12)
Enhanced minions are highly resistant to magic and physical damage rather than entirely immune to magic damage only.
Banner of Command has emerged as an item that can effectively pin a mid laner at their wave. With how much gameplay revolves around wave control and roaming, Banner of Command does too much to shut that play down entirely..
COOLDOWN REDUCTION 10%
MAGIC IMMUNITY No longer grants the affected minion 100% immunity to magic damage
DAMAGE REDUCTION Now grants the affected minion 70% damage reduction from champions
HULK OUT Banner-enhanced minions now appear as slightly larger minions on the minimap
HULK SMASH Allies can now see floating combat numbers for the damage dealt by banner minions
S-BRUCE-D UP Tooltip rewritten to more accurately reflect Banner's effects
Siege minion bonus damage to turret effects from Banner of Command and Hand of Baron no longer stack.
We knew going into last patch that we'd need to watch our changes to Hand of Baron closely—particularly when combined with Banner of Command on siege minions. Baroned+Bannered siege minions still deal more damage to turrets than they did in 8.3 (due to the bonus attack damage bugfix), but to a lesser extent than in 8.4.
DOUBLE-DOUBLES Banner of Command's damage multiplier against turrets no longer stacks with the identical multiplier Hand of Baron grants to siege minions
Point Runner makes sense for a siege themed item.
BUILD PATH : Aegis of the Legion + [Glacial Shroud + 100 gold] ⇒ Raptor Cloak + 200 gold
TOTAL COST : 2200 gold (unchanged)
HEALTH REGEN +125% base health regen
MANA No longer grants 400 mana
UNIQUE PASSIVE Point Runner: Builds up to 20% bonus movement speed over 2 seconds while near turrets, fallen turrets, and Void Gates.
Redesigned. Now a tank item.
Unlike Locket, Banner’s being rebuilt from the ground up. Banner of Command previously built out of a tank item (Aegis of the Legion) and a mage item (Fiendish Codex). This felt fine for enchanters when Aegis was a must-buy, but made Banner inaccessible to tanks. With the number of caster support items already available, we felt it more appropriate to give tanks more options to build out of Aegis, rather than splitting the item’s functions between several classes (tanks and enchanters and the occasional burst mage).
TOTAL COST : 2200
BUILD PATH : Aegis of the Legion + Glacial Shroud + 100 gold
MAGIC RESIST : 30
ARMOR : 60
MANA : 400
COOLDOWN REDUCTION : 10%
STILL PROMOTE : UNIQUE Active - Promote: Greatly increases the power of a lane minion and grants it immunity to magic damage. (120 second cooldown.)
AURA UNIQUE PASSIVE - Legion: No longer gives nearby allied units +15 magic resist
Dolla dolla bills, y'all.
I GOT IT FROM MY BANNER : Tooltip now tells you how much gold your promoted minion has generated
TOTAL cost : [2750 gold] ⇒ 2900 gold
BUILD path : Aegis of the Legion + Fiendish Codex + 600 gold
someone’s gotta keep those baron minions in business
TOTAL COST : [3000 gold] ⇒ 2750 gold
- "Tweaking a few numbers. Basically the indicator said the range to use Banner was 700, but it was really 1000. We're increasing it to 1200 anyway to match that aura range."
- CAST RANGE :
1000(indicator said 700) ⇒ 1200
- "This item seems to actually be in a pretty healthy state. It's good for breaking delayed out sieges against an Anivia or Ziggs, and it's a strong augment to your own siege with a Baron buff. Only calling this out to note that we're still looking if it needs anything for later patches. In other words, we're just talking. Hello, how are you. We're fine. "
- UNCHANGED : UNCHANGED. We just wanted to talk about Banner of Command, man.
Banner of Command now builds out of Aegis and a Fiendish Codex, providing team-wide siege stats along with a super magic-immune minion active buff.
- "We’ve always wanted Banner of Command to be a siege / push item in terms of its strategic niche, but couldn't find the right mix of stats to make it situationally viable without being super-strong (or just unused). This will be our third attempt, and there's not much else to say beyond that. Did we mention that Banner's promote active makes a minion immune to magic damage!? "
- RECIPE :
Fiendish Codex + Blasting Wand + 720 gold ⇒ Aegis of the Legion + Fiendish Codex + 280 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2400 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
- [NEW] MAGIC RESISTANCE : 20
- [NEW] HEALTH : 200
- ABILITY POWER :
80 ⇒ 60
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION :
20% ⇒ 10%
- [REMOVED] VALORLESS : No longer has the Valor aura
- [NEW] UNIQUE AURA : Legion - Grants nearby allies +20 magic resist and +75% base health regeneration
- [NEW] UNIQUE ACTIVE : Promote - Greatly increases the power of a lane minion and grants it immunity to magic damage (120 second cooldown)
- Cannon Minions: Damage: +100; Health + 600; Armor: +100; Magic resist:+100; Size: INCREASED
- Melee Minions: Damage: +50; Bonus attack speed +90%; Health: +600; Armor: +40; Magic resist: +40; Size: INCREASED
- Range Minions: Damage: +75; Bonus attack speed +30%; Health: +400; Armor: +40; Magic resist: +40; Size: INCREASED
- SOMEONE MAKE A TIBBERS BUILD Fixed a bug where Annie's Tibbers wasn't gaining increased damage from Banner of Command
- Recipe: Fiendish Codex + Blasting Wand + 720 Gold (Total 2400 Gold)
- +80 Ability Power
- +20% Cooldown Reduction
- UNIQUE Aura - Valor: Nearby allied minions deal 15% increased damage.
- UNIQUE Active - Promote: Transforms a nearby siege minion into a more powerful unit and grants all gold that the unit earns (180 second cooldown).
- Ability power reduced to 40 from 50
- Now grants 10% cooldown reduction
Banner of Command added
- +50 Ability Power
- +30 Armor
- Unique Aura - Valor: Nearby allies gain 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds and nearby allied minions deal 15% increased damage.
- Unique Active - Promote: Transforms a nearby siege minion to a more powerful unit. You gain all the gold this unit earns. (180 second cooldown).
- Builds from Emblem of Valor and Blasting Wand