|Name||Jeong Sang-gil (정상길)|
|Country of Birth|
|Birthday||January 8, 1993 (age 28)|
|Soloqueue IDs||KR: Odpa, Tar ai ais, Dopa, Dopa0, YY90888Dopa, newzhongdan , 1993y, Apdo , Huya90888 , Skewed , Trud , 미니맵안보는사람, Aind , Doxxx|
CN: Dop4 , Dopa丶丶丶 ,Ralo , Dopago , Dopa99 , Dopa1993 , 1993y
|Social Media & Links|
Jeong "Apdo" Sang-gil (Hangul: 정상길) is a retired League of Legends esports player, previously mid laner for Anarchy. He is also known as Dopa.
Jeong "Apdo" Sang-gil is known for being a high-Elo player on the Korean server, able to play top, jungle, mid, and AD carry, though he is primarily a mid laner. While, most consider him to be the second-best mid laner in the world after Faker, some believe him to be the better player overall; this is because he is able to excel at four different roles while Faker is only known for being a midlaner. On the other hand, he, unlike Faker, has never played in an offline tournament.
Initially, Apdo refused invitations to join pro teams because he earned more money by Elo-boosting, but he eventually attempted to play in the OGN Winter 2013-2014 Qualifier with a team called 양학하러왔습니다 (which would eventually rename to Team Dark and be disqualified from the tournament due to unsportsmanlike behavior). However, Apdo was still Elo-boosting, a girl who was in the same online community as him, whose account he had previously boosted, reported his activity to Riot; as a result, his main account was banned for 1,000 years, and he was banned from participating in OGN. He would not be permitted to play in tournaments for the next two years.
Despite his permanent ban, Apdo continued to play on smurf accounts and reach Challenger with extremely high win rates. He streamed on multiple platforms including AfreecaTV, Douyu TV, and YY TV. In September 2014, Apdo went to China to win 500,000 元 of the total 1,000,000 元 ($161,000 USD) prize pool for hitting rank 1 in Challenger, a feat he was able to accomplish in under a month.
In October 2015, Apdo released a statement apologizing for his behavior of boosting accounts and trolling games, stating that all of his accounts would be banned. While it initially appeared that he had the intention to go pro in China, a later post suggested that he never planned to play professionally.
- Considered the greatest SoloQ player of all time.
- In China, some fans believe he and Faker are two most impactful players in League of Legends history.
- Reached Rank 1 in Korean soloqueue many times.
- Reached Rank 1 on Chinese super server.
- In China and Korea, Considered the greatest Twisted Fate and Kassadin expert player.
- Very well known for being banned for a 1000 years due to elo-boosting.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Apdo Tournament Results|
- January 17, Apdo - Korea's Infamous Solo-queue Outlaw by , and on Gold Per 10
- July 29, The Rainmaker: a look at Apdo and the world of ELO boosting by , and on The Score
- November 7, English Translation by , and on reddit
- December 31, Dopa/Apdo's Q&A + tips&stories (English translation) by , and on reddit
- April 12, Apdo and the Tragedy of League's Shortest Professional Game by , and on theScore Esports
The following pages redirect here:
- 1,000년 계정 정지 처분 ‘압도’, 국가대표 자격 박탈 thisisgame.com
- Apdo banned until 3013, and removed from OGN LOL Champ Winter for Elo-Boost. (Removed from korean national lol team as well.) (English discussion) reddit.com
- 양학하러왔습니다 (Apdo's team) controversy liquidlegends.net
- Dopa登顶国服第一 现场颁发50万现金！ lol.sgamer.com
- Apdo - Korea's Infamous Solo-queue Outlaw dotesports.com (previously goldper10.com)
- 안녕하세요 Dopa 입니다 . 이전 악행에 대해 사과드립니다 . (Korean) inven.co.kr
- 얘들아 나 프로데뷔 같은거 안해 (Korean) potsu.net
- [Inven]Dopa gave an apology on his former misdeeds - with comments reddit.com