|Gold Gain||72 (+0.332 per minute)|
|Experience Gain||260 (+2.5 per minute)|
|1,400 (+90 per minute)|
|60 (+1.825 per minute)|
The Ancient Golem is a neutral monster that is described in game as "A tough monster that attacks with slow but punishing blows. Slaying this foe greatly increases mana regeneration and reduces cooldowns." It only spawns on Summoner's Rift along with two Young Lizards.
The Ancient Golem is commonly referred to as "Blue Buff" by the community due to the Crest of the Ancient Golem buff that is given to whoever kills it.
- The Ancient Golem will not respawn if both of the Young Lizards are not killed. This can be used against the enemy when stealing their buffs, as it robs them from potential buffs until they kill the remaining creeps and it respawns.
- When killed, the Ancient Golem grants the Crest of the Ancient Golem buff to its killer, which increases his or her mana regeneration(or energy regeneration) and cooldown reduction.
- Many Junglers will start the game at the Ancient Golem camp due to the large boost to clear times the Crest of the Ancient Golem results in.
- Controlling the Golem buffs can give your team an advantage in the match. Most junglers will attempt to control not only their own, but also the opposing team's golem buff. To get a greater advantage, some junglers assingn a mastery point on Runic Affinity to increase the duration of all buffs.
- If a champion with the Crest of the Ancient Golem buff is killed, the buff will transfer to the killer (unless the player died to Minions or Monsters).
- In high-level play, the "jungler" tends to take it 2 or 3 times and then lets the ability power-oriented player take it.